Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows: Visual QuickStart Guide, written by best-selling author Steve Schwartz, has been extensively rewritten to provide expanded coverage of the core Office 2010 for Windows applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and also provides a thorough introduction to the Office Web Apps. Coverage of each application is jam-packed with information and tips that not only explain HOW to perform a task, but WHY you need this procedure and WHEN it's best to use it.
Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows: Visual QuickStart Guide provides in-depth instructions on many of the new features and changes introduced in Office 2010, such as the following:
- Office-wide features: Backstage (File tab), customizing the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar, Paste Preview, image-editing tools, screen clippings, Office Web Apps
- Word: Navigation Pane, searching for graphics and tables, text effects, contextual spell checking
- Excel: Sparklines (cell-based charts), new conditional formatting options
- PowerPoint: Reading View, presentation sections, Animation Painter tool, video-editing tools, comparing and combining presentations, creating videos from presentations, broadcasting presentations on the Web
- Outlook: Using and finding commands in the new Ribbon interface, working with Conversation view, creating Quick Step macros
Steve Schwartz is uniquely qualified and readers benefit from his 30+ years of experience as a software expert, technical support director, magazine editor, and writer. Steve has written more than 70 books, many on Office and other Microsoft products, and has been using Office since the first version. Although this book is geared toward the beginning through intermediate user, Steve won¹t waste your time with pages of stories and analogies before actually discussing the topic at hand. Each page is clearly focused on the needs of the reader. In fact, Steve's guiding principal in creating this and his many other Visual QuickStart Guides is "The Three C's." The material must be clear, concise, and correct. Thumb through a copy today and find out why this is the quickest and easiest way to learn Microsoft Office 2010.
Microsoft Office 2010: Visual QuickStart Guide
Peachpit Press, 2010
Siliconwasteland price: Unsigned $18.25; Signed $24.99