Friendly, quick, and 100% practical, My Samsung Galaxy S III is the must-have companion for every Samsung Galaxy S III user. Authored by Dr. Steven Schwartz, a leading expert in demystifying complex technologies, this book walks new users through every task they'll want to perform, including:
- Setting up the Samsung Galaxy S III and mastering its TouchWiz touch interface
- Placing and receiving calls
- Browsing the web with the latest mobile version of Google Chrome
- Using social networks, managing contacts, and creating calendar appointments
- Send and receive email from multiple accounts
- Moving data between phone and computer
- Playing and managing music
- Watching video from movies, TV, and other sources
- Shooting and sharing photos and HD video
- Using built-in and third-party apps for productivity and fun
- Customizing and optimizing the Samsung Galaxy S III phone, services, and usage
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems
Every task is presented step-by-step, using carefully annotated, full-color screenshots, all numbered so there's no chance of getting lost or confused. Everything's clearly organized in modular, self-contained chapters designed to help readers get up-and-running in no time and keep their Samsung Galaxy S III smartphones working exactly the way they want. Throughout, the book is packed with helpful tips, lists, and quick solutions to the problems users are most likely to encounter.
Free Online Edition! Purchase of this book includes 45 days of free access to the online edition at Safari Books Online.
Sample chapter, Table of Contents, and Index: Social Networking and Socializing with your Samsung Galaxy S III
My Samsung Galaxy S III
576 pages, full color
Retail: $24.99 U.S.
Que Publishing, 2012
Siliconwasteland price: Unsigned $17.99; Signed $24.99